Friday, February 1, 2013

Winter Camp with students

So, as an English teacher it's in my contract to run Winter Camps during the school vacations. My winter camp was three weeks with just a handful of students. I created a new topic for each day and we would study for an hour and a half, then we'd play card games together for the last hour. I actually enjoy this much better than regular classes. You can bond with the students since you see the same ones every day, and since there are so few of them, you can really connect and get them to get over their fear of speaking in English.


 These pictures were on day two. The students were still awkward with one another. Their task? Create an object out of paper that reached the ceiling without falling. The team below won.

 My birthday landed on a camp day, and my students bought me a cake! The boys even bought me presents, earrings!




















 On the last day of camp... my students (on their own!) all put their money together and bought me a large stuffed bear! They also each wrote me a letter:
 ^ This one above is from the two boys.



2 comments:

Sarah T said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! Man! what AWESOMENESS!!! Man I wish I could have seen that.

Sarah T said...

oh oops, I meant for that comment to go to the Tim burton blog... sorry Jess

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates